Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rockin' Rene's Color Challenge

Here is my entry into the color challenge posted at http://icameisawicreated.blogspot.com/2012/03/creative-color-challenge-03-12-12.html
I couldn't believe it when My Favorite Things Stamps (LOVE their stamps!!) came out with this little Indian girl set because my sisters and I will be going to our annual Pow Wow soon and I couldn't WAIT to get my hands on this stamp to do a card for them! We haven't been since our Mom passed away 4 years ago so we are looking forward to being able to go this year.
Here's my card (I did one for each sister). I used Real Red (my absolute favorite red cardtock!) for the card base, for the zigzag on the tipi and background for the "banner" on the taller card, and Real Red marker for the headbands and stripes on the dress. I didn't have crumb cake so I used a cardstock that was somewhat lighter than a Kraft color and shaded it with SU ink to give it a weathered look for the tipi and used it to paper piece the dress. I also didn't have bashful blue SU paper, so I used this wonderful cloud paper called Sky by Creative Imaginations (have been finding myself gravitating toward their papers lately) because it looked very close to the bashful blue. I colored the little girl with Prismacolor pencils on SU whisper white paper. The tipi and fire were both from Create a Critter, probably one of my favorite cartridges. The grass is from Plantin Schoolbook. Now to decide which card to send to which sister! (and I have GOT to work on a lightbox!!)
Edit:  This card was one of the weekly challenge winners!!  http://icameisawicreated.blogspot.com/2012/03/creative-color-challenge-03-19-12.html

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! The little squaw is so darling. You did a fabulous job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, so glad you played along with us at FCCB this week! Hope you'll visit my blog, too! :)

    ReplyDelete