Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Get well card for Great Niece

I was looking around for ideas for a get well card for my great niece who was recently involved in a car wreck (since my Good Old Days isn't working) and found a really great card done by Okie http://www.okieladybug.com/2012/01/old-boots-get-well-or-birthday-card.html
and it got me to thinking...I went to my scrapbook room and found some paper I'd bought at the Stampede last year. I had no clue at the time why I bought it other than it was just stinkin' cute. It's by Creative Imaginations and I think Debbie Mumm was the designer (part of the identification strip on the bottom had been cut off when I used a piece for something else but can't remember what or when). I cut out some of the boots, inked the edges with SU Creamy Caramel and pop dotted them on the front (can't see the dimension in this picture). I then inked the edges of the paper mat and cut the "Hope" from Home Decor. There are small, small blue pearls on some of the swirls in the "hope". I have a tough time with those little pearls in getting them stuck on where I want them and with no "glue boogers" hanging off. On the inside I cut out some more of the boots, inked the edges of a piece of Georgia Pacific cardstock and used a computer generated font that looks like rope for the sentiment. Of all the things about the wreck my sweet great-niece just had that upset her was that her doctor told her no dancing and she can't figure out why when her most serious injuries were to her arm. Sigh. Oh to be young again. She loves her country western dancing so I know she will like this card. I also cut out a boot, ran it thru the xyron and will use it as a sticker on the flap of the envelope.

1 comment: