Thursday, October 23, 2014

Haunted Cabin

I did this Haunted Cabin from the Haunted Forest kit by SVGcuts.com and I LOVE IT!  I wasn't sure about my choice of papers but they ended up being musty and dark and spooky.  I used the Print to Cut function on the Explore and the Happy Hauntings cartridge to do the bats (which are just glued to thin strips cut from the clamshell of a Cricut cartridge), the headless horseman, the owl in the tree, Frank and Mrs. Frank, the pumpkins on the porch and the mummy.  The ghosts, raven on the roof and spider hanging from the side window are punches that a friend was working on while I was doing my house and she wanted me to use them.  They fit in SO well!!  I am thinking of doing one with a Christmas motif next.





Then tonight I put two small tealights in it to take "dark" pictures but while they worked great, I decided to put in a  6" battery operated pillar candle and it was FANTASTIC.  And I noticed something....not sure it was intentional but the window above the peak of the front porch roof looks like a scary face staring back at you.  HOW KOOL AND SPOOKY IS THAT????



5 comments:

  1. Debbie, I love all of your 3D items. I have high hopes of sitting down and completing one of these awesome projects someday! Maybe when you are here we can build one together! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you too! See ya soon and would love to do a 3d house with you!!

      Delete
  2. OMGosh Debbie!! This is amazing!! I love every bit of it and I LOVE those lights in it! Wow!!! How perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Your choice of papers is perfect The bats coming out of the chimney is so cool! TFS your incredible project and inspiring others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. Your attention to detail is mind blowing!

    ReplyDelete