Friday, August 22, 2014

Stamp A*faire 2014 - Time Traveler - Morning Challenges


Well, it's that time of year again, and Stamp A Faire starts tomorrow.  I am at my sisters, awaiting two other friends and we are making a weekend of it.  Can't wait for all the challenges to begin.  I will be posting what I do and hope you'll join along !!

Morning Challenges:

7:am  Morning Timer Challenge
Well, this challenge was to take a color scheme and a sketch and complete your card in 20 minutes.  I failed.  Took me 34.  Had problems with my tape runner, couldn't decide on the sentiment, redid one flower.  But I finished!!  The sentiment is from the Regency Era stamp set, the flowers are from the filled with Joy Stamp Set, the papers are two Paper Trey papers.  My fussy cutting is not that great but after staying up until almost 3am, laughing and giggling and looking at cards and stamp sets, my eyes just weren't focusing well this morning!  And here are the results:

Ancient Rome Challenge--this challenge was to do a card using a mosaic pattern or one using embossing paste to simulate an old texture.  I am planning on doing both but the first one I did was using the mosaic die that came in the SAF kit.  I used the Paper Trey Ink stamp set entitled "Natural Beauties" because I love the way the two step die looks.  I hope to be posting the embossing paste card...right now am waiting for the paste to dry so that I can stamp and watercolor the image on it.

This is the second challenge in this series--to use an embossing paste in your design to give it an aged look.  I have never done anything like this before but used a pearelscent embossing paste, then stamped in momento black ink (should have used stazon) and then used a waterbrush pen and some ink spots (small ink pads).  It kind of blurred and faded but gave it an aged look which I really liked.  This card ended up being something I was not used to doing and stretched my limits so I enjoyed doing it.  I will use this technique in the future.  

Renaissance Challenge - I was so scared to try this challenge because I was afraid of melting my clear stamp that came with the set for this challenge.  I ended up loving the effect.  I hope the 2nd picture shows how well this showed up.  I used purple and gold because those are royal colors.  The gold cardstock was from American Crafts paper pack that is a few years old and already had the striped/embossed effect.   Using it on this challenge worked so very well as it really looked antique and fitting for this challenge.


I used the gold wax for this picture but it is definitely a technique I need to work on.  The background paper was one of the small sheets of paper included with the kit

The Regency era challenge was for the approximate time of Jane Austen...an author, wit and talent that I absolutely adore.  I combined both stamp sets for this challenge.


5 comments:

  1. This will be fun as we stamp thru the decades with Papertrey Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all have a blast! Looking forward to seeing all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing I could be there!!! You guys have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made Natural Beauties look so great with this technique - a truly wonderful card! Thank you so much for joining in the fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers were a great choice! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete