Friday, November 8, 2013

Thanksgiving gift - for Cardz TV Go-To Galz Linky Party Challenge #8 “Happy Harvest"

I am submitting this small project for Mary's challenge at http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2013/11/cardz-tv-go-to-galz-linky-party.html where the challenge is to CREATE A CARD, LAYOUT, OR CRAFT FOR FALL OR THANKSGIVING.

I think everybody knows how much I like to make the little cocoa boxes ( see http://www.scootingrannysworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/easy-inexpesive-christmas-idea.html and the original creator's post at http://www.paperscissorsinc.com/2008/11/hot-cocoa-challenge.html ).  This one is for Thanksgiving and it contains a packet of apple cider, caramels and an apple flavored stick from Cracker Barrel.  I used that stinkin' cute little Cricut turkey from the Cricut Create a Critter and a gel pen to jazz up his feathers and some dark brown inking on the edges.  The background paper is from my stash.  I'm thinking I should have cut out a "Happy Thanksgiving" or "Gobble" or some saying from one of the Cricut cartridges for the blank spot but it's already been given away.  Maybe on the next one because I'll be making these for the grankids' teachers.






3 comments:

  1. Love your version of the CAC turkey! And your little box is delightful! TFS Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, I love the turkey and I think it sets off the pattern paper really well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable-- love this turkey and that paper is perfect! Thanks for creating with us at CardzTV!

    ReplyDelete