Monday, August 26, 2013
PaperTrey Ink Stamp Affair Challenges 6-10
Challenge Six was to use the Gallon-Quart-Pint theory of color on a card and this is my result. Although white and black normally don't count as one of the main colors, I used black as the Gallon color because it was so dominate in this scheme. Red as the quart color and yellow was the pint color. The banner is a PTI banner that is straight.. I just tucked the ends ender a little, taped those down and had some foam tape under the middle where the sentiment is. This added some more depth. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/08/stamp-a-faire-2013-gallonquartpint.html
Challenge Seven was to use shrink film in a project. We had two packs of great shrink film in our kits but I wanted to download the PTI Stamp Affair emblem and used a sheet my sister had that you could use with your inkjet printer. If you want to do this, be sure your film is capable of it as some are not meant to be printed on. You can color with inks, markers or stains on all types of shrink material and can be done either before or after you shrink them. My sister used her laptop to download the emblem, sent it to her printer and it printed up great. I used an embossing gun instead of the oven to shrink it. I am making this card as a thank you to Nicole Heady, PTI, the designers involved, my sister and to the three other wonderful ladies who attended this meet up. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/08/stamp-a-faire-2013-custom-accents-from-the-oven.html
Challenge Eight was probably my favorite as we learned how to create scratch-n-sniff elements for cards, tags or projects. I used the stamp set that came with the kit, the paper was some scraps my sister had. I love giving gingerbread house parties so this one was right up my alley. I am thinking about using this design for my gingerbread invitations this year. And yes, I went overboard on the scratch and sniff pointers but I just love this idea!! http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/08/stamp-a-faire-2013-whipping-up-scent-sational-cards.html
Challenge Nine was to use limited supplies with limited colors. This is a great challenge because it can make one think about using scraps and what you have to create without having to rush out and buy something new. I need to try this challenge more often because it really gets those old brain waves moving. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/08/stamp-a-faire-2013-limited-ingredients-challenge.html
Challenge Ten was to use glitter to jazz up a project. I ended up repurposing a card I made a few years ago for Christmas. I used a sunflower set from PTI and repurposed it to make poinsettia. LOVE how the stamp can be so versatile. I really liked the card but always thought it needed a "punch" of some sort. Well, that needed punch was glitter. I used the glitter in our kits to jazz up the evergreen leaves (the Martha Stewart pine branch punch) and it totally changed the look of the card. http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2013/08/stamp-a-faire-2013-sweet-sugar-coated-embellishments.html
Well, that concludes my projects for the event. I had so much fun with some really great ladies and can't wait for next year's event!!