Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Flowers with Susan Tierney-Cockburn

Here I am at CHA with another one of the Rock Stars of my crafting world, Susan Tierney-Cockburn http://www.sizzix.com/shop/susan-tierney-cockburn  .  She is a total phenom with fowers and can turn paper into the most beautiful creations.  They look so real, not at all like my clumsy attempts.  Everything she does is so exquisite and REAL looking.  Not only is she talented but she is encouraging and so very nice.  She took time out of her very busy schedule to talk to us..not just business but to actually TALK.  She is a true gem and if you ever get a chance to meet her, you will be amazed at her kindness and talent.

Here's one of her creations...a FABulous wreath.  EDIT:  after going through many of Susan's blogposts, I found this one on this wreath with closeups:  http://mymothersapronstrings.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-touch-of-spring.html?showComment=1364324857177#c3669722531435856127

Here's my daffodil...which by the way, my little grangirl absconded with once she saw it

Here's the box and flower we made in the class.  We also got a kit with the rose and wheelbarrow cuts to do but I am so slow that I didn't get around to doing it in the class.  But it's on my desk, ready for me to finish.  Also, Sizzix and Susan were TOTALLY generous hosts....as they gave us....for free....the Susan's Garden Tool kit (amazing!), the Flower Seed Pots and the Seed Packet Envelopes.  WAHOOO!!!!  We were also given a container of a wonderful glue for these flowers called Crafter's Pick-The Ultimate.  This was such a fun, fun class and Susan has inspired me to try more 3-D flowers.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers Debbie, I wish I had taken that class! See you in a month! I am counting down the days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the stopping by; I so enjoyed meeting you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete