Sunday, October 21, 2012

Get well card for Brother In Law...slightly R rated

I have a wonderful BIL that I've known since I was 16 (and trust me, that's been a few years). He recently underwent a Whipple procedure for pancreatic cancer and has been given a very good chance of beating this because it was found so very early and hadn't spread to any of the lymph nodes. Spiritually and emotionally, he is as solid as a rock but physically, he is struggling to recover from this massive surgery. So I decided to make one of these cards to cheer him up. DH laughed out loud when he saw it and said any guy would love to get a card like this.

I used a heart from Cricut Hannah Montana, did two-flipped one, and welded in DS for the card base. I did two other separate hearts the same size and made templates out of them for the bra and panty. I then traced those onto some FABULOUS Teresa Collins paper called Posh:Black Lace (isn't that black lace look just great for this card? I'm tellin' ya, I LOVE anything by TC!!), cut out those by hand and adhered on the card base. I used very thin strips of the paper on top of some black ribbon for the straps and some Recollections pearls for the necklace and the middle of the bra, a SU punch and black paper for the black lace trim around the top of the bra and the waist of the panties. The sentiment on the inside of the card says "Now that I have your undivided attention......GET WELL SOON!!!!"

After doing this card, I think I'll do three things differently on the next one:
1. I will have the pearl strings hang a little more, rather than go from bra strap to bra strap...would look more like a necklace
2. The "tramp Stamp" would be centered a little more
3. I'd do the black punch strip for the legs on the panties as well.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my! I LOVE this card! I need to make one for my hubby. I think that he would frame. :)

    Marjorie from TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgot the word 'it' at the end of my post.
    Marjorie from TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, this is perfect!! What a fun card and great instructions!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@myemc.net

    ReplyDelete