Monday, May 2, 2011

Mother's Day Card Box for My Mom's Friend

My Mom passed away almost four years ago and I miss her every single day but especially at Mother's Day. So this year I decided to make a card box for a friend of my Mom's with some cards and stamps for her to send out. The box instructions can be found at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/drawerbox/ but I did change some of the measurements a little because there was a small "gap" above where the drawer slides in. The flower is from the Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge and sprayed with Smooch Frost Shimmer. I cut the stamen out of a stem of old silk flowers because I just couldn't make one that looked right. The leaves are from Home Accents and the sentiment is from the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art cartridge that I won recently from Creative Critters (thank you PC and Creative Critters!). I used paper from SU Springtime Vintage (I LOVE this paper!!) I didn't use a lot of Cricut cuts on the cards. I am also going to have copies made of pictures of the business her husband and my dad used to own as well as some pictures of when we used to go camping at Possum Kingdom Lake. I think she'll be surprised and maybe it'll make me miss my Mom a little less. And I know my Mom would have been tickled for me to do this for Susie. Everybody out there...have a great Mother's Day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment