Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby card for Niece

I have a precious niece who is having her third child next week and it's A GIRL!! After two boys, she will really enjoy having a little girl, too. They are naming her after my father's mother which is truly, truly sweet.

The clouds are from Create a Critter, the buggy is from Wrap it Up, the flower stems are from Walk In My Garden and the grass is from Plantin Schoolbook. The buttons are from a button pack at Wal Mart and the Memory thread used in the buggy wheels is from Michael's.

I layered the buggy several times and pop dotted it on top of the card mat. Picture doesn't show colors well but it's several different shades of pretty pinks.

This card style came about from a thread on the Cricut messageboard that showed use of the memory thread http://www.cricut.com/forum/Cricut-Community_postst63367_enabler-alert--a-new-find-for-me----you-must-get-some--really-you-will-love-it.aspx . I bought some and sent some to my sister, challenging her to use it on a card, which she did at http://piecesofjoyhadden.blogspot.com/2011/03/sister-challenge.html .   She promptly finished the challenge, and very successfully I would say, while I just now got around to finishing mine. So, she won this challenge!!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most darling cards! Those little wheels just blow me away!

    ReplyDelete