Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beach Theme Card for Fantabulous Cricut Challenge

This is a card I made for a friend's beach wedding and for the Challenge at Fantabulous Cricut http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge%20Me%20Monday. I  used Life Is a Beach for the umbrella and waves, Create A Critter for the palm trees and clouds and Calligraphy for the wine glasses. Those glasses gave me trouble because the outline of the glass was so thin and the size of the glass so small that it didn't cut without tearing so I just cut the glass from white paper and used a fine black marker to go along the outside edge and stem and used a purple marker to color in the "wine". The clouds and palm treees were inked on the edges. The beach was just a torn piece of tan paper, run thru the Xyron and I put real sand on it. I smashed or burnished the sand pretty good and it stuck like a dream. The inside of the card where I attached the gift card was a scrap piece of some paper that looked like beach sand. I used a computer generated sentiment on Georgia Pacific white and matted it on a scrap piece of blue. The flipflops were cut off a scrap piece of scrapbook paper. The envelope was lined with a piece of paper from HL that I've had for ages.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks fun! TFS!
    Sheila FCCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card and I love the envelope too. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super card - inside and out! I'm glad you figured out a way to add the wine glasses. They are a perfect touch! And the sand looks amazing too! The envelope is a perfect way to keep the theme as well!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAHOO! WTG, girlie, you got picked for the top 5! I'm so proud of you. This is such a cute card and you went extra to do the envelope!

    ReplyDelete