Thursday, January 19, 2012

Card of Encouragement for Female Marine Recruit



My name is Scootingranny and I am a scraplifter. Big time. I liked a card so much that I almost totally scraplifted it from this site: http://cardcreationsbyc.blogspot.com/2010/09/you-are-my-sunshine.html . When I first saw it a few days ago, it just made me smile so I'm hoping my copy of that wonderful card will do the same for Cassy ( https://www.cricut.com/forum/cricut-community_postst112671_OT---I-had-a-very-sad-moment-today.aspx ). It was all done with scraps. I used CAC for the sun and clouds (embossed with swiss dots), Happy Hauntings for the grass (put 3 together in design studio and shrunk them, used two colors), Just Because Cards for the tree with the swing and New Arrival for the airplane and banner (connected it with a scrap piece of red twine) and the little red flowers are a Martha Stewart punch with dabs of yellow stickles in the center. The sentiment is from a stamping set called "Poppy" from My Favorite Things. I am going to enclose a small card with a scripture of encouragement

7 comments:

  1. This is one of the cutest cards I've ever seen!! I love all the images and the bright fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is full of HAPPY colors! It would make anyone smile!
    I am sure your friend will love it.

    Great Job!

    ps..I may scraplift this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cards makes me happy...very fun.
    http://coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super cute card!! I love that it is a double fold -- I like your idea of using several manufacturers to make your sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is adorable and I'm sure it will make Cassy smile!

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. It is so happy and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this card!!! So cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete