Monday, June 27, 2011

My Favorite Things Challenge and Challenge to My sister

I did this card for a challenge by My Favorite Things and as a challenge to my sister. For this card I used a free internet manuscript sample from a teacher's website for the manuscript handwriting, SUs Crushed Curry cardstock for the mat, a scrap of black paper and red ribbon and a small apple stamp covered with Glossy Accents to give it shine. The doily was cut with my Cricut using the Paper Lace cartridge, the circle was also cut with the Cricut and edged in SUs Crushed Curry ink. The skirt and blouse are paper pieced with scraps and the shoes are done with a black Glaze pen. Coloring was done with Prismacolor pencils.

I cut the inside of the chalkboard out and replaced it with ChalkPaper which is just like a chalkboard. I couldn't find a piece of chalk to write on it but after going through some sewing things that my Mom gave me once, I found her old Dressmaker's Pencil which looks like a small Prismacolor Pencil but is actually chalk. She's been gone almost 4 years now, but she's still helping me out! She was a fabulous mom. I'm sending this card to my sister as I gave her some of the chalkpaper and challenged her to find a way to use it and I think knowing where the "chalk" came from will mean a lot to her.

The inside of the card is simply a mat of SU Crushed Curry, layered on top is Whisper White and another piece of the manuscript example.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, you threw the gauntlet down now!! This is such a sweet card! It will be hard to meet your standard! I'll send my card in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete